Kickstarter offers a near-infinite stream of new 3rd party Dungeons & Dragons and 5e-Compatible projects ranging from entire game worlds to books focused entirely on picking herbs.
Today I’m going to offer a glimpse at the ten projects that are wrapping up in the next week, viewed through the lens of last week’s essay, “What makes a good Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition official release or 5e-Compatible supplement.”
I’m covering the following 10 projects:
- Adventuring With Pride: A Queero’s Journey! LGBT+ 5E Book – Recommended!
- Adventurer’s Agency – Check this out!
- The Haunted Woods: a D&D 5e adventure – Recommended!
- Herbarium: A Botanical 5e Supplement – Check this out!
- Injuries & Vile Deeds: Injury Systems for 5e – and more!
- Nellie’s Nursery – a 5E DnD Adventure Module
- Potions and Herbalists
- Reign of Discordia 2nd Edition
- Servants of the Lich King: Quests for 5E
- X Marks The Spot: Piratical Resources For Your 5E Game
(It’s pure coincidence that the first four alphabetical entries are my recommendations, since I didn’t even review them in that order!)
I know that every Kickstarter project is a labor of love. I hope if any creators catch my write-ups they’ll appreciate them for what they are: me trying to figure out if their projects are worth backing based on what I value most in D&D! In the future I’ll probably spend less time on projects I don’t recommend, but right now I want to establish a baseline of what works and what doesn’t on Kickstarter.
I’m hoping that if I keep at this for a few weeks I can make it to looking at campaigns as they are announced rather than chasing the ones that are soon to resolve. But, I’ll only keep doing that if it matters to you! Please comment on this post and share it if it’s something you’d like to see more of in the future