My prediction for a Gamma-oriented box from World War Hulk or one of the subsequent 00s Hulk storylines has been rising in the odds in every update I’ve made on this campaign. However, the surprise is that this box actually covers two events in one in terms of characters, as it includes two of the predicted anchors of my #1 pick for a Siege expansion: anti-heroes Ares and Sentry/Void.
The total contents of World War Hulk are Gladiator Hulk, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Hercules, Ares, and Sentry/Void. This box will be available at retail, but it has a Kickstarter Exclusive figure of Doc Samson.
Clearly this departure from a pure Gamma-focused box that would include The Leader, Skaar, A-Bomb, Thundra, and Red She-Hulk. I ultimately think it was a good idea to get Hulkbuster into the action in lieu of some of those more-obscure Gamma characters, since a Gladiator Hulk vs. Hulkbuster set will have terrific character recognition at retail. Also, this is a perfect chance to introduce Hercules, since he took over Hulk’s title just after this period!
However, I’m slightly disappointed by this all-male group of characters when Thundra or Red She-Hulk could have easily been pulled in from a subsequent storyline to round out the box.
(Using Ares and Sentry here doesn’t erase the chances of a Thunderbolts box in a future campaign, so I’m happy we snuck them in! However, if we see Moonstone as a late stretch goal, the gig is up for the Thunderbolts.)
In my last set of Marvel United: Multiverse predictions, I had Siege ranked #1 with 60% odds and World War Hulk ranked #3 with 40% odds, so I’d say I did pretty well! I’m disappointed that we won’t see a proper Secret Wars expansion for a “Multiverse” campaign, but “Secret Wars” is a big enough deal that it could be the entire campaign theme for a fourth season.
With this box comes the announcement of the all-in “Omniverse” pledge that includes all of the new gameplay elements in this campaign – which means every new expansion, card deck, and stretch goal figure (but, not plastic tokens, cardboard locations, game mats, reprinted expansions, or past campaign stretch goal boxes).
The all-in offers a $50 discount over getting everything individually, which is more than one expansion free – a pretty good deal. If you had pledged for everything so far, this will be $15 cheaper and you won’t have to up your pledge for the new Marvel United Multiverse World War Hulks expansion box.
Not only is the all-in Omniverse pledge cheaper than buying everything separately, it comes with a HUGE bonus character: FIN FANG FOOM! [Read more…] about Marvel United: Multiverse wages World War Hulk as their final expansion! (Plus: a BIG all-in pledge reward)