House of X
It’s the final issue of House of X! The X-Men have a major celebration, but did the HiX-Men Report think this was fully satisfying or just fan service?
HiX-Men Report is back with House of X (2019) #5, which is the issue that reveals everything about Xavier’s master plan in the present day.
This was a tough episode for me – and not only because we just moved into our new house 24 hours ago! I had a lot of problems with how this issue was constructed.
As it turns out, it’s also a controversial issue in the X-Men fan community due to the near-religious fervor shown by our beloved mutants. We spend some time digging into what’s so unsettling about new mutant rituals.
It’s the most action-packed issue of House of X yet, with a shocking finale. To say any more would be a spoiler, but I can reveal that Zach and I have our first big disagreement of the HiX-Men Report!
Bumper Music: “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
- 0:54 – Charts! Extinction! Wanda! Shade!
- 7:58 – Ground Control to Major Jean
- 17:59 – Major Jean to Ground Control – first casualties
- 26:25 – Monet’s heroic moment
- 32:18 – The “dunno” Saga (& pod people truthers)
- 35:19 – Is this a dynamic Cyclops?
- 39:39 – Mystique got “turned around”
- 47:31 – The Ballad of Nightcrawler & Wolverine
- 54:39 – “The Bad Gals”
- 58:43 – Mothermold’s Monologue / Zach’s Philosophy Corner
- 1:07:43 – Jean Grey vs. Marvel Girl (vs. Jonathan Hickman)
- 1:17:15 – The great “NO MORE” debate
- 1:31:46 – Final reactions
This week the HiX-Men Report has a very special midterm evaluation for Jonathan Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X.
We’ve been going through this run with a fine-toothed comb every week, but now that we’re at the halfway point are we really loving it? And, what are our most wild predictions for the second half.
(Zach has one word for you: PLANTINELS.)
- Mid-Term Reports
- Rebuttals / Discussion