On today’s episode of Crushing Comics I unveiled the first international comics haul of new comics collected editions that’s arrived since I’ve been here in New Zealand! I don’t know how I made it this long without a fresh supply of books (and hopefully not any spiders).
Here’s what I unboxed in alphabetical order, along with their accompanying guides (if applicable):
- Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness (Guide)
- Defenders Epic Collection: Ashes to Ashes (Guide)
- Graveyard Book Graphic Novel (Single Edition)
- Locke & Key: Heaven and Earth (not Small World, as I say in the video.)
- Marvel Masterworks: Luke Cage, Power Man Vol. 2 (Guide)
- Marvel Masterworks: Marvel Two-in-One Vol. 2 (Guide)
- S.H.I.E.L.D.: Hydra Reborn
- Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin (Guide)
Today I’ve got a comprehensive update to a team guide – The Defenders – The Definitive Collecting Guide and Reading Order!
The Defenders have waited a long time for their year in the spotlight – since their debut as a team in 1972! Finally, 45 years later, it’s The Defenders time to shine with their own Netflix series and no Avengers or X-Men movies to outshine them.
But, wait… do these 2017 Defenders have anything to do with their 1972 counter-parts?
It’s kind of a long story, but I’ve got the Cliff Notes for you Keep reading to learn all the highlights, including Defenders 1972 vs Defenders 2017, all the newest collections, and the overall percentage of Defenders comics we’ve seen collected in color.
Today I have another freshly spruced-up comic character guide for you: The Definitive Guide to Luke Cage.
Need the short story on what Luke Cage has been up to in 2017 both in comics and in collected editions? Keep reading for a recap, plus a quick reintroduction to the character and a final tally of how many of his starring comics have been collected in color.